Sunday 31 May 2009

Finally finished it (g2 editorial)

The first time I attempted this project, my computer decided the time was right to express its hatred for me -and perhaps all of humanity. My mistake was attempting to save. There were horrible metal-grating sounds, weird bleeps and most terrifying of all, the eternally-swirling rainbow pizza of doom that is the Mac's 'processing' symbol.

I have since cleaned out my hard drive and got a new 4GB flash drive and the computer seems to be a lot happier. Well, there's less rainbow pizza. So i attempted the project again; it's an editorial brief set by the people at the Guardian. we had to pick one of three stories and provide a cover & two=page spread using two additional illustrations.

Cover:


It's kinda boring, hm?
There are quite a few bits I still want to tweak, like making the article title darker, fixing the weird orange leg, doing SOMETHING to make the g2 logo look better, put another texture over the background to make it less god damn sharp.
But i have a tendency to overwork my stuff soooo i'm gonna leave it alone for a bit and come back to it ina couple of days. tell me if you have any suggestions!

No comments: